| Logging In, Getting Started -- MathPrograms applicants|
| Login to MathPrograms.Org|
There is NO COST for you to use MathPrograms.Org. - Find programs of interest by clicking the View Programs link in the header!
Some programs will be set up using an EZapply option and will provide applicants with a link that takes applicants directly to the applications, without an initial login. In this situation, after submission of your application, an account will automatically be created for you, and your account and login information will be emailed to you at the email address you provide. Supplemental information and material may be submitted after the application process by logging into your account.
Please first check the program's web page to see if they provide a link which takes you directly to the application, therby bypassing the need for you to create a login account.
For an applicant to register or log in to MathPrograms.Org, go to the home page. Below the heading, Login to MathPrograms.org, click on the link ...as Program Applicant.
- If you do not have an account yet: If this is your first login to MathPrograms.Org and you do not have an account yet, please note the checkbox in the middle of the page with the text this is my first login, please create an account for me. Be sure to check this box.
- Enter your Email Address and choose your Password on your first login. Use this password on subsequent logins, or you can change it at a later point. If the password checker determines that your password is too simple or easily guessed (it must be least 6 characters long & contains no whole words that at least 5 characters long), it will prompt you for a new password.
- You will also have two additional options: turn off caching and save my login. The default is neither.
- You can turn off caching if you need extra security. This will prevent any of your MathPrograms pages from being stored on your computer. This would also mean that you could not utilize the Back button on your browser, since your previous pages would have not been stored for you.
- save my login will save your login information for future sessions, so that you will not need to enter your login information again.
- Again, if this is your first time logging in, be sure to click the checkbox at the next item, this is my first login, please create an account for me.
- To complete the initial login process, you will need a login token, which will be sent to your email address immediately. Please check your email before you continue. Once you have received the login token, please come back to the applicant login screen and cut and paste the token login into the text field to create a new account.
- Clicking on the Forgot your password? link will enable you to have your password reset. You will get a password reset form where you just enter your email address and click on submit. You will receive a return email with your new password very shortly.
| Getting Started|
If this is your first time logging into Mathprograms.Org, you will be on the My Portfolio page once you have logged in. The actions available to you are presented as menu *links* in both the header and footer the the page.
If this is not your first time logging in AND you have submitted applications already, you will be at your Application Status page.
Following is an overview of the actions available to you as a Mathprograms.Org applicant.
- Submit Portfolio Materials
Portfolio is where you create, update and submit your cover sheet, cover letter, CV, course list, research statements, and any other items you may be required to submit. Each document gets uploaded into its appropriate category. If you have already submitted an item to any of the portfolio categories, it will appear on your "My Portfolio" page like this example of the "Curriculum Vitae" category:
- Curriculum Vitae
- cv #1 [data (Word, pdf, 16 bytes)]
Clicking on a portfolio category will allow you to upload additional items to that category. All uploaded items will be converted automatically to a pdf version. If you submit a pdf (which is fine) the system will automatically create a second pdf.
For more details, please refer to the Portfolio documentation.
- Viewing Programs - APPLYING to Programs
Clicking the Programs will list all programs currently available. To the right of each program, you will see "Apply" buttons (if you have already applied for a program, this link will say Applied). All institutions and their current posted programs will be listed here, sorted by the name of the sponsoring institution.
You can presort the list by clicking on the sorting options above the list of programs. Clicking on Marked will list those programs that you have marked (see the radio button in the section for private marks and notes at the bottom of each individual program announcement screen). Selecting Applied will list only those programs that you have applied for.
When you click the link to Apply to a program, you will answer additional specific questions required by the program as part of your application. If there are additional items required, you may select them from your Portfolio. You also select WHICH of the reference writers entered on your coversheet are to be used for this application (if you entered multiple reference writers.) There may be some questions toward the bottom of the screen, please do not overlook them. BE SURE AND CLICK APPLY AFTER YOU ARE DONEi.
- Search allows you to search the current program list.
- Status allows you to view the status of your applications, update or withdraw applications. Clicking on the name of the program and the institution name bring up different screens containing information about your application.
- Contact allows you to send the AMS an inquiry via email.
- Logout logs you out of your MathPrograms.Org account
Experiment to learn more!
Never enter TEST data into the "real" MathPrograms. It is often impossible to delete such data. You will want to use the DEMO VERSION of MathPrograms for this.
To try out all the features of the MathPrograms.Org system without worry of having to later undo your experiments, utilize the MathPrograms DEMO Server, which is accessible from the MathPrograms.Org homepage. You can login in as different users (see the main page there for login info), but please do not enter any real data there.
| Contact us|
Please feel free to Contact Us directly with any questions or comments you have!
AMS Professional Programs Department
Please CLICK HERE to send us Email
1-800-321-4267, ext. 4096