Department of Mathematics, UCLA
Program ID: 4-MUMS2012 [#69]
Program Title: UCLA Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
Program Location: Los Angeles, California 90095, United States [map]
Application Deadline: 2011/11/30 finished (posted 2011/08/25, updated 2012/06/03, listed until 2011/12/28)
UCLA Math Undergraduate Merit Scholarship
The Scholarship will be granted to an entering freshman (U.S. or international) who has an exceptional background and promise in mathematics. An additional scholarship for California residents is available this year.
Applicant must also submit the official UCLA admissions application by November 30, 2011.
12th grader applying to UCLA for admission in Fall of 2012.
Outstanding academic record and standardized test scores.
Evidence of exceptional background and promise in mathematics, such as: placing in the top 25% in the U.S.A. Mathematics Olympiad (USAMO) or comparable (International Mathematics Olympiad level) performance on a similar national competition.
- Strong preference will be given to International Mathematics Olympiad medalists.
Full amount of fees for room, board and tuition at UCLA.
The award is renewable for four years, subject to the following requirements:
- Maintain satisfactory and timely academic progress towards their degree and remain in good academic standing.
- Maintain at least a 3.5 GPA in mathematics courses
- Declare a mathematics major upon admission and remain in the major
- Pass the basic exam by the end of their third year of studies
- To continue their scholarship for the fourth year, the applicants must apply and be accepted into the Departmental Scholars Program, which leads to a simultaneous Bachelors (BS) and Masters (MA) degrees.
Application Material Required:
- Submit the following items online at this website:
Unofficial High School Transcript
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at this site )
- And anything else requested in the program description.
- (310) 825-4701
Department of Mathematics
6363 Math Sciences
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1555
© 2013 MathPrograms.Org, American Mathematical Society. All Rights Reserved.